2023 will be another good year for role-playing games. Big titles are coming this year, and one of those titles is Avalanche Studios’ highly anticipated game called Hogwarts Legacy.
In this game, players enter the mysterious world of wizards. Hogwarts Legacy is a dream come true for all Harry Potter fans. In this game, players can participate in the legendary school of wizarding science and technology and live in the game world as if they are playing the role of the characters “Harry Potter”, “Hermione Granger” and “Ron Weasley”. Players will also meet all the enduring characters of the Harry Potter film series in this game.
In this article, we are going to take a look at all the published information about the Hogwarts Legacy game. So stay with us in the rest of the text.
Play Hogwarts Legacy; Release date, platforms and other game versions
Hogwarts Legacy was first announced in September 2020 during the PlayStation 5 Showcase event. Since then, players have known that a title from the world of “Harry Potter” is in development. They witnessed in 2018 A mysterious trailer of a “Harry Potter” game They were on YouTube.
In fact, Avalanche studio head announced the release date of Hogwarts Legacy game in 2021 and said that the title will be available for all 8th, 9th and PC consoles. But the studio did not keep its word and the release of this game was postponed to 2022. The release of the said game will not happen in 2022, and Avalanche Studio promised that this title will finally be available to players on February 10, 2023 (21 February 1401).
Of course, it should be noted that owners of 8th generation consoles must wait until April 4, 2023 (April 15, 1402) to experience the wizarding world of Hogwarts. The Nintendo Switch version of Hogwarts Legacy will also be released on July 25. The Hogwarts Legacy game is going to be released in various versions. WB Interactive company has considered four special editions for this title:
- The Standard Edition: The Standard Edition of the game will include a copy of the title and a pre-order bonus (access to the Onyx Hippongriff Mount).
- PlayStation 5 Standard Edition (PS5 Standard Edition): This version will include an exclusive mission for owners of Sony’s 9th generation console. By purchasing the aforementioned version, players can visit The Haunted Hogsmeade store and receive the Felix Felicis potion pre-order bonus.
- Deluxe Edition: Players will gain access to additional rewards by purchasing the Deluxe Edition of Hogwarts Legacy. In the deluxe version, players get 72 hours earlier to experience the game. In this version, the Dark Arts pack including Thestral Mount, Dark Arts Battle Arena, Dark Arts Cosmetic Set and Dark Arts Garrison Hat will be available to players.
- Collector’s Edition: The Collector’s Edition of the game will include a wand statue, a guidebook, a steel case, and the Kelpie Robe custom DLC.
Play Hogwarts Legacy; Getting to know the world, style and mechanisms in the game
Hogwarts Legacy is a single-player role-playing game that takes the player into the wizarding world of Hogwarts. In this game, players are not going to meet the characters of the “Fantastic Beasts” movie series. Like the Mass Effect series, the player must design his own playable character and start the story from the fifth year of Hogwarts school, after experiencing a mysterious accident.
The player appears in the role of a character who has been admitted to Hogwarts school too late. He possesses ancient magic that can stop the goblin rebellion led by Ranrok and the Dark Wizard (Victor Rookwood). Ranrok and Victor Rookwood search for the magic that wizards are trying to keep secret. If these evil wizards get hold of this magic, they can bring about the end of the world. JK Rowling, the author of the “Harry Potter” novels, was not directly involved in the writing of the story of Hogwarts Legacy. The creators of Avalanche studio have simply used his works as the central idea of the game.
Maybe the fans of the “Harry Potter” world are disappointed by not being able to meet the main characters of the film series; But they can experience life at Hogwarts school. In Hogwarts Legacy, players are able to customize their playable character in a variety of ways. Players can then choose their in-game resting place, attend classes to learn new spells, learn how to brew potions, attend Defense Against the Dark Arts exercises, and more.
Familiarity with students like Nastai Onai, Poppy Sweeting, and Sebastian Sallow will benefit the player greatly. They can teach the player new spells and abilities and even help him as a companion in the game’s adventures.
Spells play an important role in the combat system of Hogwarts Legacy. With the help of spells, players can face the game’s combat challenges and puzzles. They can fight the game enemies in different ways; The player may choose to engage in close combat with enemies or choose to stealthily eliminate the enemies. Hogwarts Legacy provides the player with many powerful options, although depending on the situation, the player will need different approaches. This game gives you a lot of freedom in how you live your magical life.
The combat system is only a small part of the gameplay of Hogwarts Legacy. When not busy with classes and homework, players can not only explore the entire school, but are also able to visit iconic locations from the Harry Potter film series in the game. In this game, players will be faced with several travel options, they can also participate in Quidditch tournaments, unless the player learns how to use magic and brooms during the game. will not find
The customization options in Hogwarts Legacy aren’t limited to the main character, as the creators created a room called the Room of Requirement for players. The player can customize the living place of the playable character according to his taste. He can also add a variety of potions stations, gardens and other items to his room. Players gain access to the Vivarium in the Room of Requirement. Vivarium is a place where your character can interact with rescued animals.
Exclusive features of the PlayStation 5 version of the game Hogwarts Legacy
PlayStation 5 console owners will experience unique features of this title. The DualSense controller’s adaptive triggers give the player a more natural and special feeling in using spells. Players with a DualSense controller can better simulate chopping ingredients to make potions or flying around the world of Hogwarts.
Specifications System requirements for PCs to run Hogwarts Legacy
PC owners should have an SSD to run on the minimum required system, and SSD is mandatory to run on the recommended system. The required size of the game is 85 GB and it can be called a massive work. Below, you can see the minimum required system and suggested system of Hogwarts Legacy game:
Minimum System Requirements
- Processor: Intel Core i5-8400 or AMD Ryzen 5 2600
- RAM memory: 8 GB
- Graphics card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 or AMD RX Vega 56
- Storage space: 85 GB
- Operating system: Windows 10 (64-bit)
- Direct X: version 12
- Other: SSD (preferred), HDD (supported), 60 frame rate and 1080p resolution, low quality setting, performance upscaling setting
- Processor: Intel Core i7-8700 or AMD Ryzen 5 3600
- RAM memory: 16 GB
- Graphics card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti or AMD RX 5700 XT
- Storage space: 85 GB
- Operating system: Windows 10 (64-bit)
- DirectX: version 12
- Other items: SSD, 60 frame rate and 1080p resolution, high quality setting, upscale quality setting
Hogwarts Legacy game trailers
To see the trailer, gameplay and videos related to this game, go to Hogwarts Legacy YouTube Channel See.
- The possibility of producing the Harry Potter series by HBO MAX – renewing memories?
- Hogwarts Legacy delayed again until early 2023
- The appearance of Batman and Suicide Squad at DC FanDome