If you want to protect your Android phone data, the first way is to use a password or biometric authentication systems such as a fingerprint sensor. However, you may be looking for another way to protect your privacy, which could be to hide the app on Android. In this article, we want to teach you how to hide the program on an Android phone like Samsung.
You may want to hide a banking app on your phone so that no one else can access your banking information if the device is not locked. Or you do not want others to know about the program you are using or the game you are playing.
It does not matter what the reason is, you can hide the apps in Android anyway. In the following, we will teach you how to hide the application on your Android phone, stay with Digito until the end.
Reasons to hide programs
When you hide an app on your Android phone, you will no longer see it in the App Drawer. Sometimes you need to access a hidden apps app opener to open hidden apps.
Some smartphones only allow you to hide apps and offer you no other option. However, some of them allow you to lock hidden programs so that they are not easily accessible.
In addition to trying to hide your apps from others, you can do the same for default apps. Smartphones have default applications that sometimes can not be removed, so by hiding them they no longer appear in the app drawer and look more organized.
Some Android phones allow you to hide apps, but some manufacturers are not interested in doing so. In the latter case, you can go to a third-party launcher such as Nova or Microsoft Launcher. In addition to the ability to hide the program, these launchers also provide you with other features, most of which are related to device personalization.
Hide app on Samsung phone
All Samsung phones have the ability to hide applications from the app drawer, and this has a simple process. Follow these steps to hide apps on your Samsung phone:
- Hold your finger on the empty space on the home screen until a menu appears below the screen. In this menu, tap Settings.
- Scroll down in the settings to see the option to hide apps. Now you can choose the programs you want.
- After selecting apps, tap Done to finish.
With just a few simple steps, all the programs you want will be hidden from the app drawer. This way, you will not be able to see apps even when searching in the app drawer. However, you can access them in third-party search apps as well as settings.
Samsung does not provide a hidden app drawer to access hidden apps, so accessing them is not easy. Of course, you can use Google search or similar apps to access them.
Hide app on OnePlus phone
OnePlus provides users with the Hidden Space feature, which allows them to hide installation programs. To increase security, this secret space can be protected by a password. Follow these steps to hide apps on your OnePlus phone:
- Do a Pinch-Out on the home screen to get the hidden space. Of course, you can go to the app drawer instead and swipe to the right.
- Tap the plus icon and select the apps you want and approve them.
- The secret space is not password protected by default. If you want to do this, tap the three-dot option in the right corner of the screen and select the Enable Password option.
- Confirm your identity by scanning your fingerprint or entering a template. This enables the ability to lock apps with a password, however you can not set a separate password for the hidden space and the password will not differ from the device password or template.
You can now access this hidden space with a Pinch-Out or swipe right in the app drawer. If you use a password for a secret space, you must use a password or pattern, or use a fingerprint sensor for authentication.
Hide apps in Nova Launcher
If your device’s default launcher does not take advantage of app hiding capabilities, you can install a third-party launcher like Nova on it. After downloading and installing the free launcher Nova LauncherSet it as your phone’s default launcher, and follow these steps to hide apps:
- Swipe up on the home screen with two fingers to open the Nova Launcher settings. Instead, you can hold your finger on an empty space on the home screen and select the settings option.
- From the Nova settings menu, go to the App Drawer menu. Scroll down to see the Apps Hide option under the Apps section and select it.
- A list of apps installed on your device will appear and you can select the apps you want from this list. Save the changes at the end.
All selected programs are now hidden from the app drawer, but this method has some limitations. These apps are displayed through Nova Search as well as third-party search apps. In addition, you can access the list of these programs through the settings.
Hide apps in Microsoft Launcher
If you are a Microsoft Launcher user, you can follow these steps to hide your programs:
- Hold your finger on the empty space of the screen and then go to the launcher settings from the menu that appears.
- Navigate to home screens and hidden apps.
- Tap Hide apps and select apps. Finally, touch the Done option in the upper right corner of the screen.
With the above methods, depending on the device or launcher you use, you can hide applications on Android phones. By doing this, you can protect your privacy and also increase your security.