After emojis and gifs, stickers are one of the ways to convey meaning and concept in text conversations. Most messaging apps now support stickers, including WhatsApp as the world’s most popular messenger. Recently, the possibility of making a custom sticker using internal tools has been added to the desktop app and WhatsApp web version, and for this reason, we want to teach you how to make a WhatsApp sticker with a computer.
Currently, the ability to make stickers is limited to the desktop app and WhatsApp web, and you can not do so with the mobile app. However, it is possible to transfer a WhatsApp sticker from desktop to mobile, and in this article we will teach you how to do so. Stay with Digito until the end.
Learn how to make a WhatsApp sticker with a computer
As we said, creating a custom sticker inside WhatsApp is only possible on the desktop app as well as the web version, so before you do that, you need to install the program on your system or go to the web version. That’s why we’re going to do that first.
Launch WhatsApp on the desktop
Before you go for the desktop app or the web version of WhatsApp, you must first set up your account on it. To connect your phone to the desktop app or WhatsApp web, follow these steps:
- first step: Download the WhatsApp desktop application or visit its website.
- Step two: Open WhatsApp or its website on your system to get a QR code to scan.
- Step 3: Open the WhatsApp app on your smartphone and go to settings.
- Step 4: Select the Linked Devices option and tap the Link a Device option.
- Step Five: The camera app opens, which you have to hold against the QR code of the desktop app or the WhatsApp web version.
- Step 6: By scanning the QR code, the WhatsApp messages will be displayed on the web version or desktop app of these messengers shortly after.
After setting up a WhatsApp account, you can now start making your own WhatsApp sticker using the desktop app or the web version.
Make a special WhatsApp sticker
To make a sticker, you must first select the photo you want and then do the following steps to do so:
- first step: Open the WhatsApp app or its web version.
- Step two: Go to the chat you want to send the sticker.
- Step 3: Click the emoji icon at the bottom of the chat.
- Step 4: Select the sticker icon next to the GIF.
- Step Five: The menu of recent stickers now opens.
- Step 6: Click Create to open a photo selection window to create a WhatsApp sticker.
- Step 7: Select a photo to open the sticker editor inside WhatsApp.
Here are some options to edit a photo before converting it to a sticker. Here’s a look at these tools:
Outline: One of the most important tools for making custom stickers in WhatsApp. Select one of them and cut the unnecessary parts of the photo. Draw a line on a photo and turn it into a sticker.
Emoji: If you want to add an emoji to the sticker, click on the emoji icon and select the emoji you want.
sticker: Using the sticker menu, you can add a sticker from WhatsApp to your custom sticker.
Text: As the name suggests, you can use it to add text to your sticker.
You can also use painting tools to add color to the sticker. After applying the changes you want, click on the Send option. WhatsApp shares this image as a sticker. You can create a wide variety of stickers using the built-in WhatsApp tool.
Transfer a dedicated sticker to the phone
WhatsApp does not allow you to sync desktop stickers with your phone, so you can not access desktop stickers on your phone with just one touch. However, there is another way to do this, which we will teach below:
- first step: Open WhatsApp on your smartphone.
- Step two: Open the conversation in which you used the sticker before.
- Step 3: Tap the sticker and select Add to Favorites.
This will add the sticker you created to the sticker gallery and you can use it in any other conversation. Repeat these steps for each other sticker you make.
This feature is currently available to desktop and web users, but is expected to be available on smartphones in the near future.