Many of us have tried to uninstall a program but did not find a way to do so or such a program will not be deleted from your system. If you are looking for complete removal of hidden programs in Windows 10 or programs that are not deleted, we will teach you how to do this in different ways.
There are several ways to remove unwanted programs on Windows devices, and you can use them to remove such software. Stay tuned to Digiato for more information on these solutions.
1. Use the Programs and Features tool
The first step to uninstalling a program should be the Windows Programs and Features tool. This tool is the best and easiest way to find and remove software installed on a Windows device. Follow these steps to get started:
- Press Win + R to run.
- Then enter the command appwiz.cpl and press Enter to open the Programs and Features window.
- Next, select the program you want, right-click on it and click Unistall at the end.
Follow the on-screen instructions and finally restart your system.
2. Uninstall the program via the Start menu
Not only can you quickly find and run the programs you want through the Windows Start menu, but you can also delete them through this menu.
To uninstall programs from the Start menu, follow these steps:
- Press the Windows key or click on the Windows Start menu icon in the taskbar.
- Find the program you want.
- Right-click on the program and select Uninstall.
3. Use the Windows search bar
To date, you have probably used the Windows search bar to quickly find the program you are looking for. In addition to quick access to the program, you can delete it this way. To remove an application via the search bar, follow these steps:
- Click on the Windows search bar and type the name of the program you want.
- When the program appears, right-click on it and select Uninstall.
To complete the process, follow the on-screen instructions and finally restart your system.
4. Use the default Uninstaller of the program
Most programs that you have installed on your system have an uninstaller executable file. This file is usually in a folder where the contents of the program can be seen. If the above methods did not work for you, it is not bad to take a look at the official Uninstaller. Follow these steps to find this file:
- Click on the search bar and type the name of the program you want.
- Right-click on the program and select Open file location.
Once in the folder, look for a file called uninstall.exe or uninstall and uninstaller. Once you find this file, double-click it and follow the on-screen instructions. Finally, restart your system.
5. Use the Windows installation troubleshooter and uninstall
You probably know that you can uninstall programs through a third-party uninstaller, but you may not know that Windows itself has a troubleshooter for installing and uninstalling programs.
This troubleshooter is a great tool for troubleshooting installation and uninstalling programs in Windows. The same tool helps you to easily remove unwanted programs and programs that cannot be deleted.
To use this tool, follow these steps:
- If you do not have the troubleshooting to install and uninstall the program on your system, remove it from Microsoft official site download.
- Run Troubleshooter and click Next.
- Select Uninstalling from the options here.
In the next window, select the program you want and click Next. If the program is not in the list, select the Not Listed option and then look for the program you want.
In the next window, click Yes, try to uninstall to begin the uninstall process. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
6. Go to Command Prompt
You can use Command Promt to perform a variety of tasks, from configuring system settings to repairing corrupted system files. To get acquainted with the most practical command prompt commands, we suggest you read this Digito article. One of the uses of this tool is to delete problematic PC files.
To delete files using the command prompt, follow these steps:
- Press Win + R to run.
- Type CMD and then press Ctrl + Shift + Enter.
- Type the following command and press Enter:
Then enter the following command and press Enter:
product get name
This command displays a list of programs installed on your system. Type the following command here and press Enter:
product where name=”name of program” call uninstall
Instead of “name of program”, type the real name of the program you want. For example, if you are looking to install a program called SplitCam, your command should look like this:
product where name=”SplitCam” call uninstall
After entering the command, press the Enter key.
Now you have to hit one of the letters Y or N. Press the Y key to continue the process and complete. Finally restart your system.
7. Remove the program registry keys
The last way to remove unwanted programs and unwanted software is to delete the software registry keys. Of course, since registry configuration is a complex process, back up the registry first. To get rid of unwanted programs through the registry editor, follow these steps:
- Press Win + R to run.
- Type the word Regedit and press Enter to open the Registry Editor.
- Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE> SOFTWARE> Microsoft> Windows> CurrentVersion> Uninstall.
- As you can see, there are many keys under the Uninstall section. Scroll down and select the key that bears the name of the application you want. Finally, right-click on the button and select Delete.
If you can not find the registry key of the program you are looking for, you should look for it further. Below the Uninstall key section, you will probably see several keys with numbers. Left-click on each to check the Display Name value in the right pane. This option should show the name of the program.
Once you find the associated key, right-click on it and select Delete. Finally, restart your system.
Using the above methods, you can remove any software such as hidden programs and even programs that cannot be deleted in Windows 10.